At Connect Credit Union, we understand our members have diverse financial goals and we offer unique solutions to meet your individual situation. Our Connect Checking and E-Checking accounts offer features and benefits to help you manage your money effectively.
Our Connect checking accounts are packed with the valuable benefits and services listed below for a nominal monthly checking Account Security Fee of $2.75. This fee will be automatically waived as a reward for members who maintain a minimum combined deposit and/or loan balance** of $10,000 in the prior month.
- Accepted at millions of locations worldwide
- VISA Debit Card Alerts
- Safer than carrying cash
- Shop online, at stores or over the phone
- Access money for free at over 1,000 Presto ATMs
- Quickly get cash back at participating merchants using your PIN
- View balances, transfer funds and set email and text alerts
- Online Bill Pay
- POPMoney- Pay anyone , anywhere
- My$Manager- budgeting tools & account aggregation
- 24/7 debit card monitoring for unusual activity and debit card fraud
- Protects you from unauthorized purchases with VISA’s Zero Liability policy
- Verified by VISA online protection at merchants who require it
- Option to enroll online for VISA Debit Card text alerts
- Option to enroll in Connect CU Online banking for text and email alerts
Our Connect Checking is the simple way to manage your finances and includes the following benefits:
- No minimum balance requirements
- A $2.75 Account Security Fee applies
- Access to online banking & bill payment thru Virtual Branch
- Paperless E-Statements
- Variety of unique check designs
- Online check copies
- VISA Debit Card
- Identity Theft Protection for you and certain family members
- An entitlement to enroll in Credit Report Monitoring
For our members who manage your account(s) virtually by:
- Utilizing online banking
- Receiving E-Statements
- Making purchases using your VISA debit card*
- Having at least one (1) direct deposit post to your savings or checking account for a minimum of $250 during the dividend period*
You will have access to all the benefits of our Connect Checking AND earn higher dividends on your E-Checking account on balances up to $25,000.
Your Connect Checking or E-checking Account is protected from occasional overdrafts with up to 3 FREE overdraft transfers per month for checks and electronic debit (ACH) transactions. One free overdraft transfer is also available each month for debit card transactions.
At Connect Credit Union, we understand life happens and that includes unexpected but necessary transactions. We've got you covered with Connect Courtesy Pay. When a check or electronic debit (ACH) transaction is presented but funds are not available, we may pay the item and draw your account negative* on eligible accounts avoiding the embarrassment and frustration of having an important payment being returned.
IDENTITY THEFT PROTECTION
Both checking options are eligible for our enhanced security program. As an account holder, you are entitled to free credit monitoring which alerts you when changes occur or inquiries are made on your credit.
In addition, you and members of your household will have access to a fully-managed identity fraud resolution program. Should you or a member of your household believe that you may be a victim of identity fraud, we will connect you with a fraud specialist who will review your situation and assist you in reaching a resolution.
Click Here to Activate Your Entitlement to Credit Monitoring
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Research, Remediation and Recovery – a professional, certified and licensed Recovery Advocate will work on your behalf to restore your identity to pre-event status, for any type of identity fraud you might experience, or even suspect. This service extends to cover you and up to three generations of family! Click here for complete Terms and Conditions.
- Lost Document Replacement – this service provides personalized one-on-one assistance to replace identity credential documents that have been lost, stolen or destroyed in connection with your identity fraud event.
- Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance - you may receive reimbursement for out of pocket expenses incurred during the identity recovery process up to a maximum of $25,000, including reimbursement for lost wages, attorney’s fees, and other expenses. Click here for Evidence of Coverage.
- Entitlement to Credit Monitoring – If you decide to activate this service you will receive alerts of changes to your credit file that could signal identity theft. We can even send the alerts to you in a text message for ease of use and rapid communication. The entitlement is applicable to individuals age 18 and older who have a valid credit file. Note: This Entitlement to Credit Monitoring extends only to all named accountholders and you must follow an easy activation process in order to receive the benefits of credit monitoring. If you are a checking accountholder, and you want to learn more about how to activate your credit monitoring click here and click on the red “Sign Up” button.
Fully Managed IdentityTheft Research, Remediation and Recovery
If you become a victim or suspect you might be a victim of identity fraud for any reason, simply let us know. You do not have to confirm identity fraud before seeking assistance. We will put you in touch with a professional Recovery Advocate who, depending on your identity fraud incident, will:
- Perform research to determine the extent of the problem, including a review of all three credit reports (if appropriate)
- Assist with the placement of fraud alerts with the three major credit bureaus
- Write letters/ make calls on your behalf to dispute fraudulent information
- Coordinate with government agencies, financial institutions, creditors, etc. to resolve incidents
- Work with law enforcement to help to arrest and prosecute the criminals
- Follow up for 12 months after recovery
This service covers all types of identity fraud, even if it is not related to your account(s) with Connect Credit Union! Types of identity fraud covered include: credit/debit card fraud, tax fraud, employment fraud, government documents and benefits fraud, medical fraud, and any other identity fraud recognized by the Federal Trade Commission. Plus, the identity fraud recovery service extends to cover up to 3 generations of your family members! (Please refer to Terms and Conditions. )
Lost Document Replacement
If you have an important document that has been lost, stolen or destroyed as a result of an identity theft incident or information compromise, we can help! Just let us know and we will refer you to a professional Recovery Advocate who will work with you to replace your missing documents, including credit cards. Your Recovery Advocate will work with you to contact creditors, cancel the compromised information, and obtain replacement documents.
Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance – up to $25,000
Expense Reimbursement Insurance is available to cover out of pocket expenses incurred during the identity recovery process up to a maximum of $25,000. Examples of covered expenses include attorneys’ fees, costs of additional credit reports, long distance telephone calls, postage and handling fees, fees for notarizing affidavits, and document and filing fees for grants or credit applications rejected as a result of a stolen identity event. Lost wages due to time off from work are also covered. For a list of complete terms and conditions for the Identity Fraud Recovery services, and to review the Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance Evidence of Coverage, please click here.
Entitlement to Credit Monitoring
Owning a Connect Credit Union checking account provides you with an entitlement to credit monitoring with up to daily alerts of any changes to your credit file which may signal identity theft. The entitlement is applicable to individuals age 18 and older who have a valid credit file. You may choose whether or not you use this entitlement to obtain the credit monitoring service. There is no cost to you for taking advantage of this offer either now or in the future. When you become eligible for this service, you will receive an email from our partner company providing instructions for activation Or, when you become eligible for this service click here and click on the red “Sign Up” button.
*Terms and conditions apply, ask your Connect CU representative for more details.
**Average Daily Deposit Balances and account loan balances which are attached to your Connect Credit Union membership. Available credit lines on Connect Credit Union MasterCard Credit Cards & HELOC’s do not apply.